Internships & Volunteer Opportunities 2021-2022
Because I Said I Would Remote Volunteer Information
1. The link to the electronic forms that all volunteers are required to sign
2. Remote Volunteer Orientation Document
3. Remote Volunteer Application Document
Link to the electronic forms:
The 3 electronic forms are:
1. BISIW-Volunteer Propriety Rights and Equipment Agreement
2. Volunteer Confidentiality Form
3. Volunteer Release and Waiver Liability Form
Thank you again for your interest in our remote volunteer opportunities. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at [email protected] with any questions.
Cleveland Animal Protective League Volunteer
- Volunteer - Are the heart of our organization and are vital team members who help us to achieve the impossible, fulfill our mission, inspire us to be our best, and advocate for animals and their care throughout our community.
- Contact Information: 216.771.2222
- For more information please click on the link below: https://clevelandapl.org/volunteer/steps-to-become-a-cleveland-apl-volunteer/
Cleveland Clinic Internship
- Louis Stokes Internship Program - The program provides high school students with engaging and real-world experience in a variety of non-clinical, business-focused areas of healthcare and the opportunity to interact with Cleveland Clinic caregivers.
- Contact Information: Jacqueline Tinsley, email [email protected] or call 216.956.1196
- Science Internship Program - This program provides high school students with engaging and real-world experience in a variety of clinical-focused areas of healthcare and the opportunity to interact with Cleveland Clinic caregivers.
- Contact Information: Nedra Starling, email [email protected] or call 216.312.6817
- Date: Summer 2022
- For more information please click on the link below: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/about/community/hire#internships-tab
Cleveland Film Internship
- Offers programs that help current and aspiring production professionals keep up with industry best practices from industry experts, which ensures that they are ready to handle any task that a visiting production might require.
- Dates: Fall 2021 (Sept. - Dec.), Spring 2022 (Jan. - May), & Summer 2022 (June - Aug.)
- Contact Information: Maria Ruuzzo email: [email protected]
Cleveland Museum of Natural History Intern
- SCIENCE FOR SUCCESS INTERNSHIP - New paid internship program for youth who are underrepresented in the sciences. High school students in the 9th and 10th grades will work on a range of multifaceted, project-based STEM programs over the course of three years. Each cohort of interns will develop STEM and workforce-development skills, receive college and career mentorship, and learn science and sustainability competencies in an authentic paid work environment.
- Date: Spring 2022
- Contact Information: [email protected]
- For more information please click on the link: https://www.cmnh.org/learn/teen-learning
Cleveland Orchestra Volunteer
- Ushers - Greet guests, help them to find their seats, and distribute programs. In addition, our ushers are available throughout performances to direct audience members to Severance Hall amenities, answer questions, and ensure an engaging, enjoyable, and safe experience for all.
- Tour Guides - Conduct public and private tours through Severance Hall, sharing historical information with guests about The Cleveland Orchestra and its celebrated concert hall.
- Contact Information: Lori Cohen, email [email protected] or call 216-231-7557
- For more information please click on the link below: https://www.clevelandorchestra.com/engage/volunteers/
Greater Cleveland Food Bank Volunteer
- Volunteer - Volunteers are crucial to all operations of the Greater Cleveland Food Bank, whether in traditional roles (collecting, sorting, and repacking food that comes through our warehouse every day) or using special skills to support administrative functions or special projects.
- Contact Information: 216-738-7240
- For more information please click on the link below: https://www.greaterclevelandfoodbank.org/give-help/volunteer
Great Lakes Publishing Internship
Contact Information: Alyson Moutz, email: [email protected]
For more information please click on link below: http://www.glpublishing.com/jobs/art-production-intern
State Supported Internships
State Supported internships give students hands-on experiential learning opportunities in growing professions with a sustainable living wage. Below you will find internship opportunities for High School Students from various state agencies.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Volunteer
- Roadies (volunteers) - have the unique opportunity to contribute their gift of time and talent to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Library and Archives. Roadies often give us a hand during regular business hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday – Friday, including occasional special events in the evenings and weekends.
- Docent - A member of the Rock Hall Roadie Volunteer Program who is specially trained to conduct interpretive tours of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame for visitors of all ages. They provide tours of the museum to visitors, members, and events, and also train other volunteers and assist with volunteer opportunities. Docents attend continuing education courses offered by the education department.
- Contact Information: Jennifer Bittner, email [email protected]
- For more information please click on the link below: https://www.rockhall.com/volunteer-opportunities
University Hospitals Intern
- Health Scholars Internship Program - The program helps minoritized students understand health and healthcare and allows them to engage in different healthcare fields. It is a continuous 5- year program to build on the students' existing talents, skills, and gifts and prepare them for healthcare careers beyond high school. Health Scholars are nurtured with the thoughtful support of UH clinicians and partners. Students receive guidance in applying to college and support developing a career plan and staying on that plan.
- Contact Information: [email protected]
- For more information please click on the link below: https://www.uhhospitals.org/about-uh/diversity-and-inclusion/medical-education/health-scholars-internship-program
Y.O.U. Internship Program
Apply for an internship with Y.O.U. today!
The Y.O.U. Internship Program is a selective program offered to high school sophomores and juniors throughout Cuyahoga County. Is your high schooler interested in gaining professional skills and hands-on career exploration experience while earning a stipend and networking in a career field of their interest? Encouraged them to apply!
Virtual, in-person, and hybrid internship options are available. We are accepting 100-150 interns on a rolling basis.
Applications are due March 31, 2022.