Dear LEIHS Family,
I trust that this letter finds you all in good spirit and excited about the upcoming school year. Lake Erie International High School (LEIHS) is excited about how well our students responded to our increasing academic excellence schoolwide. In June 2017, we recognized the largest graduating class thus far, hence we are even more excited about what the future holds for these many promising students. As part of the LEIHS family it is all of our responsibility to encourage and hold our students accountable for their individual successes. We can only achieve our goals by working together Parent/Guardian as well as School personnel.
Please be informed that School year 2016-2017 Ends on 6/23/17. The New School year 2017-2018 Begins 7/24/17. Below are a few Key Points we want to convey to you for the upcoming school year:
- Most of our wonderful staff is returning as well as some new additions. All of our Instructional staff are Highly Qualified Teachers that
- We have four core metrics that we are focused on for this school year.
- Attendance – Help us get them to school. We can retain them.
- Retention – Retention allows for a routine to develop, which produces higher completed assignments which leads to more credits earned.
- Credits Earned- The more credits earned by a student the closer to graduation they get.
- Graduation – The goal and very purpose we are here as a staff and why your students enroll with us. Thus the END GOAL!!!!
3. Please join our monthly Newsletter by sharing your e-mail address with us to be informed of events going on at the school. Please contact the school at P: 216.539.7229 or our website www.lakeeriehigh.org
I am very excited to get back to school and work together to graduate. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call 216.539.7229.
Mr. Burt, Director