According to Section 1118 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESSA) and the Title I, Part A Parental Involvement Non-Regulatory Guidance:
"Each school served under Title I, Part A must convene an annual meeting, at the time convenient for parents to inform them of their school's participation in Title I, Part A programs, and explain the Title I, Part A requirements and rights of parents to be involved in those programs"
Lake Erie International High School recently received its first allocation of these funds and will convene a meeting on October 24, 2018 at 5:00 pm. The location of this meeting will be at Lake Erie International High School, 11650 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland OH 44102. At this meeting, we will explain the Title I program and how parents can become involved. We will further address the following issues:
- Explain school-wide and targeted assistance programs.
- Explain the requirements of a school-wide and targeted assistance program.
- Explain what participation in Title I means for the school and include:
- A description and explanation of the school's curriculum
- Information on the forms of academic assessments used to measure student progress.
- Information on the proficiency levels students are expected to meet.
- Explain the school Parental Involvement Policy and the School-Parent Compact.
- Explain the rights of parents to be involved in the school's programs and provide ways to do so.
- Explain that parents have the right to request opportunities for regular meetings for parents to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions about the education of their children.
All parents are invited to attend and participate in this meeting to learn more about Title I program at Lake Erie International High School. Should this not be a convenient time for you, please contact us at (216) 539-7229 to schedule a different time to participate. We look forward to meeting with you!